JANE ANSON (AUTHOR), FIONA MORRISON M.W (AUTHOR), HUGH JOHNSON (AUTHOR)
When things turn out right for Bordeaux, as they frequently do, its wines are sublime. They inspire many thousands of tributes, from Samuel Pepys’ succinct reviews to the most rhapsodic of Michael Broadbent’s tasting notes – in short, over 300 years of wine writing. On Bordeaux is a collection of the best bits, from our best-loved wine writers, critics and commentators, set around 10 of the themes that make Bordeaux tick.
As Jane Anson writes in her introduction: “multi-layered, clear-eyed, moving and often extremely funny [this] collection of stories… celebrates, illuminates and renews our understanding of Bordeaux.”
In On Bordeaux:
- Hugh Johnson, Fiona Beckett and Baron Elie de Rothschild discuss dining out on Bordeaux: how best to serve it, with what and who with.
- Mathieu Chadronnier, Christian Seely and Joe Fattorini shed light on the way we see claret today.
- Ian Maxwell Campbell extols the virtues of 1871 and 1875, the last great vintages before the phylloxera plague.
- Fiona Morrison MW explores Bordeaux’s great bounce-back and how the vintage of 1982 changed everything.
- John Salvi, Bill Blatch and Peter Vinding-Diers reveal the wines that lead the way to Bordeaux’s future.
- Joe Fattorini serves up everything you need to know on running the iconic Médoc Marathon.
- Hugh Johnson pays tribute to Bordeaux master Michael Broadbent.
*Our shipping warehouses have density regulations, and as such, stock and the ability to ship and distribute stock is great diminished during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please be patient as we work hard to get our library of books available for you to purchase.
**Amazon only serves to fulfill on shipping, all book proceeds go to Académie du Vin.